Fathers Concerned About Their Parental Rights Should Keep the Following in Mind

  • Know that you have the right to see your children and maintain a relationship with them.
  • Your parental rights are not related to child support.
  • If you’re behind on child support, or haven’t paid, your children cannot legally be kept from you.
  • Establish legal custody parentage.
  • Your children’s mother cannot permanently take children out of state without your permission. If you suspect this might happen, act quickly by consulting an attorney.
  • Communication is key. Keep a record of your attempts to visit your children or of decisions made without your involvement or consent.
  • If you are having problems seeing your children – contact an experienced custody lawyer immediately.

If you have additional questions about fathers rights or other family law matters, contact the Law Office of Dorene A. Kuffer.